Why Does a Website Need an App?

The web coding section.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Why Does a Website Need an App?

Post by Accrete »

If you make your site responsive so it works on portable devices why would you need the added expense of developing an app and maintaining it?

Responsive Design
Responsive design is an approach to web page creation that makes use of flexible layouts, flexible images and cascading style sheet media queries. The goal of responsive design is to build web pages that detect the visitor’s screen size and orientation and change the layout accordingly.
Definition https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/responsive-designresponsive design at Whatis

Website App
...a web app is a website that is designed fluidly, responding to being viewed on a smartphone. There are many different types of websites out there, some are static and rarely updated, while others are responsive and have a great deal of interactivity. Web apps, specifically, function like downloadable apps, but all from the comfort of your phone’s browser...
What Is The Difference Between A Mobile App And A Web App?

From the definitions above they both basically accomplish the same thing. Give the user information on their chosen device via a browser and allow them to complete tasks on the website.

So why have both?
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Re: Why Does a Website Need an App?

Post by Colbyt »

I can't see any reason why. The only possible reason that I can think of is possibly the app uses less BW.
Colbyt
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.

Return to “Web HTML Coding and Web Programming”