Passing the Time at Home

Our general discussion section is for fun and general off‐topic discussions. Sub forum include gaming.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Re: Passing the Time at Home

Post by Accrete »

Colbyt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:45 am
LMD wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:30 pm It took me less than a couple weeks in AZ to get converted to mph and Fahrenheit, the way it used to be here.
Your province or all of Canada made the change? That I never heard about or forgot it.
We all converted to metric way back in the 80s. ;)

Our speedometer has both imperial and metric but metric is larger.
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

LMD
Contributing Member
Answers: 0

Post by LMD »

Colbyt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:45 am Your province or all of Canada made the change? That I never heard about or forgot it.
Yep, as Accrete mentioned, all of Canada, and changes made quite a while back.

I can convert my car's dash display to MPH and Fahrenheit pretty easily if I drove into the US. I didn't, however, convert my Garmin GPS that I brought with me while down in AZ. I was using it for directions, although it does have a speed display that I didn't pay attention to much.

What I found interesting is that the roads that intersect residential areas (at least in the part of AZ I was vacationing in) the speed is 45mph, which converts to almost 73kph. That is fast for what I'm used to in our city areas. Our highest speed limit on city roads is 60kph, which converts to roughly 37mph.

Which explains why I was always being passed when driving around AZ for most of my vacation. :lol:

ADD: I really liked the "temporary" reduced speed zones around schools, it was really slow, but very safe - everyone, and I mean everyone was obeying that speed limit.

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Post by Colbyt »

LMD wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 pm

ADD: I really liked the "temporary" reduced speed zones around schools, it was really slow, but very safe - everyone, and I mean everyone was obeying that speed limit.
We have some bodacious fines and decent enforcement in school zones.
Colbyt
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

In Oro Valley, there are 3-lane roads (each way) with 15mph warnings during school 🚸. Talk about "crawling"!

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Specialty medical facilities and physio services are now open. All I need now, is a dental appointment, but the body of dental officials here haven't given the ok to open as yet.

When you think about physio, well, it's "hands on". However, when think about how close a dentist or hygienist has to work with you - and in your mouth, well, all sorts of things come to mind. How disinfected/sanitized are the tools they'll use? How "clean" will the actual dental/hygienist areas be. How will they disinfect their workspace between patients.

{rant}

What I really think about these days, is how we're all going to pay for the government assistance monies paid out to people and businesses. How much more we're going to have to pay for products and services going forward - the added so called "COVID tax" that I've read about that is appearing on some businesses receipts.

{/rant}

We now return you to our regular schedule programming. :lol:

Colbyt
Administrator

Post by Colbyt »

LMD wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:28 pm However, when think about how close a dentist or hygienist has to work with you - and in your mouth, well, all sorts of things come to mind. How disinfected/sanitized are the tools they'll use? How "clean" will the actual dental/hygienist areas be. How will they disinfect their workspace between patients.

{/rant}

We now return you to our regular schedule programming. :lol:
I have a niece who does that and the new rules are fairly lengthy. Everything and I do mean everything has to be sanitized after every patient. The office in which she works installed some kind of air handler to trap and kill the stuff in the air. She thinks prolonged breathing of that is causing headaches.
Colbyt

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Was going to play golf this morning after an eye doctor appointment. Well, at the end of my visit, he says, on a different point, let's check for glaucoma, just for the heck of it. I'm given the pupil dilating drops, and yep, everything's fine.

Well, it's a clear sunny day today, and I go outside to the parking lot to get the car and head home. All of a sudden, when I left the medical building, it was like 400 turbo charged stadium lights were aimed right at me. I could barely open my eyes!

No golf today till at least 2 this aft. Sheesh!!

Colbyt
Administrator

Post by Colbyt »

Didn't he give those little sunglasses? Around here they do. Better wait until tomorrow for the golf.
Colbyt

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Colbyt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:41 pm Didn't he give those little sunglasses? Around here they do. Better wait until tomorrow for the golf.
That's what my wife said. Our local eye doctor apparently does that, but this ophthalmologist didn't. Apparently this is their first week back seeing patients, so maybe he just forgot about it. :shrug:

As far as driving home from the appointment, it was touch and go. But, I went golfing today anyhow, as tomorrow I'm busy with other things, and so by 4th or 5th hole today I was pretty much back to normal. My eyes, that is. Golf, ah, not so much :lol:

Colbyt
Administrator

Post by Colbyt »

Blame it on the eyes.
I've never had the extended test with the drops but I sure have watched a few people that did.

Looks like a rain day here. I hope it stops for a bit as I need to foam the truck evap coils. It sat so much this winter that I have a first class stink with the fan on. I decided to try a DIY treatment after getting a shop quote for them doing it.
Colbyt

Return to “General Discussions”