World Health Organization declares coronavirus outbreak a 'pandemic'

Our general discussion section is for fun and general off‐topic discussions. Sub forum include gaming.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
LMD
Contributing Member
Answers: 0

Re: World Health Organization declares coronavirus outbreak a 'pandemic'

Post by LMD »

Colbyt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:52 pm You can worship safely at home and God will hear just fine.
I couldn't agree more.

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Post by Colbyt »

I just read that live virus spores(?) was found on the Princess ship 17 days after the last passenger left so this thing may live longer out of host than initially though. The article provided no details.

No surface details etc were mentioned. I am assuming it was an uncleaned surface.
Colbyt
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.

Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Post by Accrete »

This am our Province has taken over the rules for this crisis. This overrides what specific municipalities have put in place so there is no confusion from town/city to town/city. It is also an effort to collect information on what supplies/services are needed where and coordinate getting them where needed. Those that disobey our Provincial Health Officer's orders will be fined or jailed.

Also, those reselling essentials including medical supplies for profit will be persecuted to the full extend of the law. Stores are being asked to limit quantities to combat hoarding.

One of the news correspondents asked during question period after the Provincial address this am if Jimmy Pattison (a local business man that owns a lot of businesses locally) would be told where his grocery trucks are to go (he owns one of the large local grocery chains here). Premier's response was that 90 year old (yes 90) Jimmy Pattison has been in his stores talking to customers and staff plus he and other business leaders here are in constant contact with the Premier and his staff hashing out ideas to move forward with.

On a national front, effective midnight last night, ALL incoming Canadians are required by law now to go into quarantine. If you arrive by plane and do not have a personal vehicle (no public transportation allowed) to go straight home you will be quarantined on the spot, housed and fed for the 14 day quarantine period. Snowbirds returning by land will be notified of the quarantine requirements and told to go straight home. The police have the authority to arrest you if you ignore these requirements. Surely these people's kids, friends or neighbours have stocked their fridges prior to their arrival home so they can go straight home.

On a positive note, locals are going out at 7pm each night (shift change time for medical people) to applaud, bang pots, cheer on our 1st line workers.
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

JT has indicated the government hasn't decided to use cellphone/device location on people - yet. Apparently "nothing is off the table", as it's being said just about every day during the daily PC.

However, those that are quarantined, well, I could see that happening as there isn't enough bodies out and about to enforce it. :shock:

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Of note: Can anyone confirm about an evangelist in the US who was quoted a while back as stating that the Covid-19 virus was a hoax, and unfortunately got infected, and subsequently died?

Update: Found it. It was a pastor. Sad, especially when people ignore the science.

Colbyt
Administrator

Post by Colbyt »

Think of it as thinning the stupid from the gene pool. No big loss.
Colbyt

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Colbyt wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 pm Think of it as thinning the stupid from the gene pool. No big loss.
You mean "thinning of the herd"? Oh, or, maybe not.

I guess no press conference today? Probably better not to have one.

It's gotten so bad being stuck in the house, I'm watching golf from last year's tournaments. :(

Colbyt
Administrator

Post by Colbyt »

LMD wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:12 pm
It's gotten so bad being stuck in the house, I'm watching golf from last year's tournaments. :(
Last night I noticed some of the cable channels were showing vintage NBA games. Golf that you haven't seen I can understand but a historical BB game not so much.

Personally I been reading a good bit. The books are free from the library (via Amazon) and I score a few 99 cents deals at Amazon.
Colbyt

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

I was thinking of picking up my guitar again. It hasn't seen the light of day for at least 5 years. Oh, oh. Here come the blisters on my fingers!!

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

I found this on a local FB thread. I'm hoping it's "real", and because it's local, and it's been posted by a respected person in the community, I do not doubt it's veracity.

Note: I realize all affected people may experience varied symptoms - some symptoms worse, or a lighter versions. Anyhow, this is one persons experience...
...so that people know how I actually felt before the main symptoms started. This will hopefully stop people infecting people when they are not sure but feel a little unwell.

Day 1 headaches and feeling tired

Day2 headaches and eyes hurt, like bad hay fever, they were watery stingy and itchy.

Day 3 really tired and throat was really dry and a little sore

Day 4 a bit of a cough and a slight temperature

Day 5 dry cough a little worse than day before but not too bad and felt a little dizzy, very tired, felt run down and getting cold sweats

Day 6 cough worse but like a flu cough annoying but with rest and water could cope and still getting headaches and eyes hurting.

Day 7 tired, cough feeling a little better and no temps
Bit of headache, felt like I was over the worse

Day 8 woke up feeling really bad cough really bad temp still not very high only ever been between 37.9 and 38.3, chest feeling tight and couldn’t stop coughing, tired beyond words, dizzy feel like I can’t breathe, deep dry cough headache and achy from coughing and through feeling crap, eyes sore as well.

Day 9 confirmed as having Coronavirus and a secondary chest infection so now on antibiotics and in heavy isolation.

Day 10 chest feeling tight, head ache, very tired, coughing more, high temps (luckily I’m controlling them with regular paracetamol) eyes feel heavy and generally feel like I can’t do anything.

Day 11 cough feeling a little better but chest very heavy and tired just to talk, hard to catch breath even when going to toilet, drinking plenty of fluids and taking antibiotics and regular paracetamol to keep temp down.

Luckily I isolated myself on day 1 but now have to isolate for an extra week on top of the 14 days, I hope this will help people to think twice before going out if they are unsure if they actually have symptoms as trust me you don’t want this. I have so far as of day 13 been able to manage my symptoms at home, where I feel at the moment is the best place for me. I have strict instructions that if I feel any worse or struggling to keep my temperature down with the regular paracetamol or get that breathless that I struggle to talk in sentence that I should be calling for help.
Xxx

Return to “General Discussions”