Creating a Landing Page

Discuss web marketing strategies including search engine optimization, web directory marketing, social media marketing, advertising and content marketing.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Creating a Landing Page

Post by Accrete »

IMHO every page on your site is a landing page because you never know how a person will get to the page but generally marketers refer to the page you send people to through some kind of advertising as a landing page. You may have posted to social media, placed an ad somewhere or done some email marketing to drive prospective customers to your site. Once you get them there you need to convince them to do what it is you want them to do (e.g. join your mailing list, sign up for your class, make a purchase, request more information on your product, etc.)

So what are the elements of a good landing page?

Smart Insights thinks your landing page should be able to answer these 12 questions to ask when creating a landing page.

Oracle asked the question: What Are Best Practices for a Landing Page?.

As a consumer, what convinces you to do what the site owner wants you to do?
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Accrete
Administrator

Re: Creating a Landing Page

Post by Accrete »

Here is another article on landing pages: 5 Must-Have Elements of Every Small Business Landing Page from Duct Tape Marketing
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

Accrete
Administrator

Post by Accrete »

Another helpful article on landing pages this time from State of Digital: Your Landing Pages Can Make or Break Your Business.
There was a time when a website was a static creature, created only to showcase products or services and nudge visitors towards getting in touch.

Fast forward a few short years and our websites are living, breathing beings requiring regular updates to keep them relevant. The most important parts of any website are its landing pages.

Yep, you heard that right – pages, plural. In the olden days that we just mentioned, your website would have one main landing page with which to grab your customers’ attention.

These days, businesses are advised to have between 10 and 15 in order to achieve the desired conversion rates.
10-15 landing pages! Well that kind of backs up my humble option that each page on your site is a landing page. ;)
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Post by Colbyt »

Accrete wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:19 pm
10-15 landing pages! Well that kind of backs up my humble option that each page on your site is a landing page. ;)
LOL! My thoughts exactly.
Colbyt
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.

Accrete
Administrator

Post by Accrete »

Having problems converting your visitors? Maybe this article will help:
How Does the Landing Page Content Impact Conversion Rates?

The term “landing page” refers to the first web page visitors are brought to when they arrive at your site. The content on this page offers an impression of what the rest of your website will be like. If visitors are not pleased with the type of content on your landing page, or the manner in which it is presented, they are likely to leave without checking out any other page on the site.

Every lead that visits your site has the potential to convert into a paying customer. So site owners should work on improving their landing page if they wish to boost their conversion rate...
LANDING PAGE CONVERSION RATES: 7 CONTENT TIPS TO HELP IMPROVE YOURS
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

Accrete
Administrator

Post by Accrete »

Here are some more landing page ideas this time focused on getting people to use your sign up form:
...There’s a lot of emphasis placed on crafting seamless email sequences, valuable content, and a great landing page. However, online signup forms are often neglected even though they can significantly affect contact submission rates.

Signup forms play a significant role in conversion rate optimization. They enable you to gather information about your prospects that you can use to craft personalized content and offers for that prospect....
20 Landing Page Optimization Techniques To Get More Leads
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

Return to “Web Marketing”