Tracking Down Copyright Infringers

Copyrighting discussions should be posted here.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Tracking Down Copyright Infringers

Post by Accrete »

You spend hours researching and writing a quality article for your site then find that someone has copied all or part of it without giving you credit.

PlagiarismToday has a guide that you may find helpful when trying to have your copyrighted material taken down.
Stopping Internet Plagiarism may seem to be a daunting challenge at first, however, the process is extremely simple and can be broken down into a series of steps.

Below are the six steps to detecting and stopping misuse of your content on the Web:
https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/stopping-internet-plagiarism/Stop Internet Plagiarism

Below the guide steps there is a list of general copyright articles you might find helpful also.

FYI - I chased a SEO from host to host who copied my material till they gave up and wrote their own material so this does work without a lawyer if you are persistent. :) You just have to word your complaint properly.
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

How to Use the Facebook DMCA Form

Post by Accrete »

Jonathan Bailey has a new post on using the DMCA form for submission to Facebook. You may find it helpful when submitting a copyright infringement notice to other services that now require the DMCA form also:
... increasingly hosts, especially large ones, have been pushing the use of DMCA forms. To that end, there are several benefits. They are easier for hosts to interpret, resulting in faster compliance, they are more approachable to inexperienced filers and, if done well (especially when combined with form fillers) can be a fast way to submit a notice.

Some hosts have even begun to require the use of the form, refusing to even look at DMCA notices sent via email, even when using the address from the official DMCA agent directory...
How to Use the Facebook DMCA Form
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Return to “Copyrighting”