What do You do with Your Change?

Our general discussion section is for fun and general off‐topic discussions. Sub forum include gaming.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

What do You do with Your Change?

Post by Accrete »

Some of us still have cash in our wallets for incidentals. ;) Once you break that $20 bill what do you do with the change?

We have a bucket at home to put the coins in when we empty our pockets. It's there for bus money or if someone comes to the door looking for a donation. I rolled them up one day and ended up with over $100 to take to the bank.

Guess I learned that from Dad. He use to put change in a drawer and then once in a while us kids rolled it up, divided it and put it in our bank accounts.

What do you do with your change?
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Re: What do You do with Your Change?

Post by Colbyt »

I almost never use cash. I charge it all and pay in full when the bill comes.

If I do wind up with some it goes into a basket in my lap drawer.
Colbyt
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.

Random American
Normal Member
Answers: 0

Post by Random American »

I'm the opposite. I always use cash as I don't want to pay off interest just because I get gas and a sandwich. Paying them off now means I don't have to collect interest to pay off later, especially since I'm not the best at meeting deadlines. Immediate payment means I don't have to worry about it later. Unfortunately, that means I have a giant jar of coins that just keeps growing and growing. That and pockets full of quarters.

[Removed]

J. H. Rasmussen
Administrator
Latest blog post: Play » RealEstate Giant « on Web Browser Games

Post by J. H. Rasmussen »

I just found out we don't have the 90 days rule written anywhere, so i will let your post stay for now. It's not fair that i enforce a rule there is nowhere to be found.

LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

I'm guilty of reviving old threads too. Sometimes on purpose (Deepsand memory threads), but sometimes because I've not looked at the last post date in the thread. :oops:

There must be a box/switch/function somewhere in the Admin CP which can enable the "this thread is over three months old..." type of message.

J. H. Rasmussen
Administrator
Latest blog post: Play » RealEstate Giant « on Web Browser Games

Post by J. H. Rasmussen »

Threads created in respect for somebody who is deceased will normally not have the 90 days rule applied to it. But those kind of threads are special case. Anyway, we all make a human mistake once in a while, and replying to an old thread is not the end of the world.

But i am not going to enforce the 90 days rule, before the Administrator Team has figured out if we should have one, and what the limit should be.

@Random American:
Long story short, when me, Colbyt and Accrete decided to create this forum, we agreed that the rules should be similar to those on V7N(we are all from the V7N webmaster forum before it got hacked and unusable. Me and Colbyt was Super Moderators and Accrete was an Administrator) unless the entire Administrator Team agreed on something else. We had a 90 days rule on V7N, that is why i enforced that rule here. But i need to figure out if we are going to have the same rule here, and if so, have it added to the rules.

[Update]The Administrator Team has now agreed on having a rule where we do not allow members to reply to threads where the last reply is older than 6 month. So please take the time to reread our Rules and Guidelines :)[/Update]

Return to “General Discussions”