There are a few things you might have learnt from your parents or grandparents about being "green" (before it was a thing).
Here's some inspiration: 17 “Green” Things Our Grandparents Did When It Was Just A Color
- Had our milk delivered in bottles and left the empties out for the milkman to pick up on next delivery.
- When grocery shopping you took your groceries home in paper bags. These were recycled for the garbage can(s) or transporting things, like people use plastic shopping bags.
- Glass jars were washed and recycled to store kitchen staples in and other stuff.
- Shoe boxes were used to store things in.
- Coffee cans were used in the workshop for storage.
- We had a clothes line in the backyard.
- We ate at home, saving going out for dinner for special occasions or had dinner parties.
- Bottled water was for when you went travelling.
- Wants were put on your birthday or Christmas list and you might get them.
- We played on the street with the neighbourhood kids.
- TV time was cartoons Saturday morning and Ed Sullivan on Sunday nights.