In memory of Deepsand - RIP

Our general discussion section is for fun and general off‐topic discussions. Sub forum include gaming.
LMD
Contributing Member

In memory of Deepsand - RIP

Post by LMD »

(I just finished typing a post with about 25 lines of text here, and it just disappeared - went blank, so I'm retyping it once more in hopes it doesn't go "poof")

I thought I'd start a thread here, in memory of Deepsand, and if not appropriate, I'll understand.

The other two forums with threads on his memory have disappeared, so I wanted to post here to keep his memory alive.

I'll be the first to say he butted heads with many. In fact, the "many" posted with heated words and temperament, when engaging with Deepsand. Having said that, his replies during the heated moments seemed to be calm - to the point and correcting - but calm.

I do have to say, I don't recall anyone that I've known in my life (so far) that knew so much about just about everything, but especially technical matters. I learned a lot from him, and enjoyed conversing and reading his posting endeavours over the years.

Anyhow ( I can't remember all that I typed prior to the "poof"), I'll leave it at that for now and will try to revive this thread next November, the anniversary of his passing many years ago (can't recall the date - maybe someone here remembers).

:)

Advertisement
J. H. Rasmussen
Administrator
Latest blog post: How Email Can Help You Manage The Dreaded Backorde...

Re: In memory of Deepsand - RIP

Post by J. H. Rasmussen »

I didn't know DeepSand that well, but from what i hear he was a very helpful guy.

Rest In Peace DeepSand.

Colbyt
Administrator
Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
Answers: 2

Post by Colbyt »

He was helpful and may he RIP.

He could also be a cantankerous old turd when the mood struck him. That is about the same as the rest of us. :)

Colbyt
LMD
Contributing Member

Post by LMD »

Colbyt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:59 pm
He could also be a cantankerous old turd when the mood struck him. That is about the same as the rest of us. :)
True, and true. :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”