Save Time and Improve Quality with Systems with Your Business

Area for general business issue discussions including business owner challenges, customer service and other business issues you may have or can help with.
Forum rules
Please make yourself familiar with our rules and guidelines before posting.
Accrete
Administrator
Latest blog post: Have You Read the Webmaster Guidelines Yourself?
Answers: 1

Save Time and Improve Quality with Systems with Your Business

Post by Accrete »

Having systems in place from the start of your business may not seem important when there are only 1 or 2 of you involved in the business but as your business expands it will be easier to bring in others as you grow. It also makes things easier for when tax time comes or if you have to go through an audit. ;)

From past experience, some of you may not think having systems in place is necessary and are a waste of time (and paper) but there will come a day you will be thankful that systems were in place.

What if a customer disputes a bill? What if a customer disputes delivery of an order?
A record of the order being placed and any subsequent correspondence with be your backup. Keeping all that customer's order information together will save time later if needed.

You also need backup systems.

Your web hosting may say they back up their servers but what happens if their backup doesn't work?
Back up all your website files and emails somewhere other than the same location they are in now.

If you chose not to use your own domain email address back that up too!
By choice, I personally use an email program to fetch and remove emails from the email server being used. My email program files are then backed up externally from my computer. I know this sounds terribly confusing and a lot of work but it can be automated.

What systems do you have in place to keep your business running smoothly now and in the future?

Here are 10 Tips to Help Small Businesses Save Time and Improve Quality with Systems. Did you find these tips helpful? Do you already use some of these?
Yours truly,
Accrete Web Solutions

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Return to “General Business Discussion”