Database questions, related to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Access and other databases belong in this section.
- Posts: 1295
- Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:11 pm
- Latest blog post: The magical little can that replaces 4 pantry item...
- Reputation: 613
- Location: Central Kentucky USA
- Has thanked: 146 times
- Been thanked: 39 times
I recently exported a SQL file and restored it on my local drive only to discover a lot of weird characters on my pages. I then restored from the original back-up and still the same result.
I found an article that was written to help you solve the problem with a WordPress database. I had to modify the SQL queries to match my tables but it worked. It is an old article but still relevant advice. A snippet from the site and a link to the article.
During the rush, apparently the most recent database backup file was somehow uncompressed outside of MySQL before final import.
Several days later, that decompression/unzipping basically converted every quotation mark, em dash, en dash, ellipses and other special characters into some really ugly-looking codes.
source: https://digwp.com/2011/07/clean-up-weir ... -database/
A couple of example of what you might be seeing: â€œ' € â€™
I hope this helps you.
Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen
on Fri May 29, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Database forum section.
Reducing my online presence to do some other things.
Users browsing this forum: No members and 3 guests